GEM Corps Program Coordinator
"GEM Corps allowed me to interact with and make genuine connections with local leaders in Prescott. Alongside these connections, I have been introduced to a number of organizations that are doing fantastic work in the Prescott community."
- Jacob Morris
2020 GEM Corps Crew Leader
- Jacob Morris
2020 GEM Corps Crew Leader
Thank you for your interest in applying for a position with GEM Environmental.
Project #1001 Program Coordinator
AmeriCorps Full Time 1700-Hour Position
1 Position Available in Prescott, Arizona
TRAINING: Members will undergo GEM Environmental Orientation, AmeriCorps Orientation, meaning of National Service, Member Prohibited Activities, how to use your Education Award, Safety, and Leave No Trace trainings upon arrival.
- $23,000 Living Allowance Stipend
- 30-hour OSHA General Industries Certification
- Participation in personal and professional development opportunities including resume building and mock interviews
- Professional training certificates
- $6,345.00 Segal Education Award to assist in paying for courses, books, academic related needs, or student loans.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Program Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s GEM for STEM programming including our professional development workshops, educational programs, and GEM Corps Workforce Development Program, a service based hands-on learning program placing student participants with federal agencies to assist in scientific studies on public lands. This includes creating and implementing a donor/ grantor development strategy; reaching out to community partners to grow community relationships; helping to guide and mentor service members and volunteers; and assisting the Program Manager and Executive Director in administrative reviews or employee reviews.
• Experience in a supervisory/ team building position
• Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe and MS Office programs
• Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Excellent time management skills (never be late to an appointment or miss a grant deadline)
• College degree preferred
• Good understanding of the scientific method and willingness to learn aspects of the processes involved in STEM education.
• Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the Executive Director, Business Manager, Program Manager, and Board of Directors to execute both the organization’s Mission and Goals.
• Actively target and pursue growth – to build new relationships with community partners, potential sponsors, donors, and participants.
• Ensure a robust funds development program to support the mission while developing innovative programming to drive up the value for community stakeholders. This includes developing new sponsorship opportunities, applying for grants, and reaching out to donors.
• Build upon current revenue sources and identify new value-added services or products.
• Efficiently disseminate, collect, catalog, and report on organization statistics recorded for grant reporting.
• Develop scheduling for and join evaluations for staff, members, and participants.
• Assist in managing a diverse communication strategy plan for staff, members, participants, and stakeholders; including but not limited to newsletters, website, social media, print, etc.
• Inspire staff, members, participants, and the community to participate in our mission.
• Be a primary resource for best practices, new ideas, and strong execution of shared goals.
• Foster the next generation of our scientific community through leadership development, value training, personal/professional development, and service learning.
• Candidate must be able to adapt to new responsibilities and surroundings as the job duties will change as the position responsibilities increase over time, flexibility and patients are a must.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: The participant will participate in rigorous projects that focus skills and reveal the work qualities of the individual. The project provides the opportunity for the participant to develop or apply personal responsibility in their work. The rigorous schedule of the project helps develop project management skills. The participant will also work with multiple stakeholders in their project, which will help the participant develop communication skills, and experience navigating organizational hierarchies.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must be a recent graduate who is able to complete the term without interruption,; they must have a background in and have taken classes in geology, geography, or related earth science fields; have some experience in or be willing to quickly learn GIS applications for recording and collecting data; Have the ability to work in both a team environment and individually; have the ability to work with the public; applicant must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record; applicant will undergo a government security background clearance prior to starting this position.
- Willing to accept responsibility, be on time, and dependable.
- Ready to take initiative in performing assigned work without prompting and seek additional tasks that help the team accomplish their collective goals.
- Complete work assignments in a safe, professional, and efficient manner.
- Work hard with a positive mental attitude, in all weather and terrain conditions while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Must be able to accurately recognize and assess dangerous work sites or activities to prevent injuries from happening.
- Must follow Program Manager, Supervisor, or Staff instructions regarding safety in the workplace.
Minimum Eligibility requirements for an AmeriCorps participant:
- Criminal History Check: NSOPW, and Federal/ State Criminal History Checks are required for before program involvement.
- Documentation proving right to work as a US Citizen, US National, or US Lawful Permanent Resident Alien.
- Have HS Diploma or agree to obtain diploma or GED prior to using Ed Award.
- To be at least 17 years of age at the commencement of service
If you're interested in applying, fill out and submit the online web-form below.
Alternatively, you can download the internship application form by clicking the link below.
Once complete, use the upload button provided below to submit your PDF Application with embedded attachments.
Be sure to read our Code of Conduct before submitting your application.
Any application or employment questions may be directed to email@example.com
Please fill out the online application below. You will be asked to attach several documents at the end of the application.